Your air conditioning contractor should be there for you and should help you feel comfortable asking questions and learning more about your system. With more industry-specific information, you can make better decisions about how to properly keep your home cool.
Here are five questions we recommend asking your air conditioning contractors to get a better feel for their services and who you want to hire.
- What services do you offer?
- What brands of equipment do you provide services for?
- What is your availability for providing services and do you provide emergency services?
- What brands do you recommend using and why?
- Do you explain the work that you do to your customers and answer their questions after you’ve serviced their systems?
There are many other ways to determine which air conditioning contractor is the right one for you, but this is a basic way to get started with learning more about them. Another great way to learn about air conditioning contractors is to ask previous customers about their experiences. Word of mouth is one of the best ways to find someone who will provide you with excellent service.
If you feel intimidated or nervous to ask your contractor questions, then you should find someone else who will provide better services to you. As a customer, you need to know the details about what work is being done and how it will affect your system. If you’re not getting that information after a service visit, repair, or installation, then you’re missing out on the benefits of a good contractor.